Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dream BIG


When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by
dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing,
then we truly live life.
 - Greg Anderson

(This article is personal to me and shares a painful experiences I went through along with the life changing decisions made after.)

Wow I LOVE this quote! If you have followed me for long at all you know that I am a sucker for a good quote or catch phrase.I keep a little journal of them so that if I am ever in need of motivation I can just flip to it and BOOM, there it is.  In January of 2011 my ex wife and I separated to begin our divorce. I felt like every dream, hope, and love I had was being destroyed all around me. So for the next several months I went through a personal hell that I tried hard to hide, poorly, with alcohol and living a life very close to the edge. I had given up all my REAL dreams, REAL goals. And as for love, pffff! It did not exist. Then I had a life changing moment ,which is not the focus here, and began to immediately reevaluate my life, decisions, goals, aspirations, and relationships. What I saw was that I had given up on everything that mattered. 

It was in this moment of self-realization that I started to dream and make goals again. It was as if someone had lit a match in my heart that had started an inferno.  From this inferno came an intense desire to make a difference in the world. I could start to visualize all my dreams and desires and seeing how to obtain them. I started to see the good in people again. I realized that people do hurt eachother but they also are the source of so much love and support, that to become cynical and unresponsive to them is self destructive. Without dreams to live for and love to receive and give, life is hollow and holds little meaning. The beauty this is that it's NEVER to late for you to shed the cynical attitude and thick hide that we use as protection from hurt. And to begin to be receptive and  receive the blessings that this life holds for all who can dream to receive them.

Don't let life get shatter or get in the way of you dreaming big. If you have a passion, pursue it with all your heart. No one just magically attains their goals and dreams it takes hard work and sacrifice. But in the end would you rather ask "What if?" or say "Glad I did!"

Without goals, dreams and love to live for, what are you living for? Dream BIG, love BIG, and live BIG. God bless!


Ethan R. Ames

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feedback Beth! It is my dream to be able to share my successes and failures with others so that they might be able to take something away and better some aspect of their life :)

    ReplyDelete